Re: Mechatronics institute

From: Jim Hill (jhill@vom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 11:58:41 PST

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:58:41 -0800
From: Jim Hill <jhill@vom.com>
Subject: Re: Mechatronics institute

I got this from Clarence Bakken, AAPT. Maybe someone might be interested.
Jim

Last summer I was a participant in the SMART (Science and Mechatronics
Aided Research for Teachers) Program at Polytechnic University in
Brooklyn. The program involved learning electronics, electrical
engineering, mechanical engineering, programming and computer control
(the combination being called Mechatronics). If you in any way
interested in robotics this is an outstanding opportunity, your time
will not be wasted. There is a $7200 stipend for the four weeks during
which you will learn Mecatronics and construct your ownİdevice. Please
be aware that this ISİan intense program, there is not a second where
you won't be actively engaged.

Also after being in this program I firmly believe that as physics
teachers you have the best background for this program. If you are
interested please send me an email at leacock@optonline.net and I will
send you the PDF of the brochure, which is over 500 kB so I would
rather not post it to the listserve.İThe application deadline is March
26, 2004 and involves a resume, two letters of recommendation andİan
essay.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or check out
the SMART website at

    http://mechatronics.poly.edu/smart/

Take care and best of luck,

Bill Leacock