RE: GEMS Life Through Time

From: Shelley Collier (scoll858@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 20:53:59 PST

From: "Shelley Collier" <scoll858@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: GEMS Life Through Time
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:53:59 -0800

Hi Pinholers,

I'm teaching with the Life Through Time GEMS guide right now. I just
started using it, and I haven't seen anything egregious yet. The
Geologic Time Scale they reference is standard stuff, but there is some literary
license taken to give the kids a hands-on feel for the topic. I'd rather
give my kids a chance to see something similar that they can pick up and touch
than have them stare at some picture. The inaccuracies I have seen are an
OK trade-off for me at this level.

--- Shelley Collier

--- scoll858@earthlink.net