Save the Bay announcement

From: Anna Rochester (annar@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 10:57:42 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:57:42 -0700
From: Anna Rochester <annar@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Save the Bay announcement

Greetings Educators!

Save The Bay invites you to join us as we explore the San Francisco
Bay Watershed during our Summer Institute for Educators, Gold Rush to
the Golden Gate. Our week-long trip begins in the Gold Rush country
on the American River and ends at the Golden Gate, as we follow the
watershed from the Sierra to the Sea. During this Institute,
participants will discover how to integrate watershed concepts and
San Francisco Bay curriculum into their teaching. Each day is filled
with on-the-water experiences, expert speakers, and hands-on
activities. The program also introduces educators to habitat
restoration and ways to incorporate service learning projects into
their work. Participants will network with other Bay Area educators
and receive a wealth of resource materials.

Guaranteed to refresh you and revitalize your teaching for the year
ahead, Save The Bay's Summer Institute is an experience you won't
soon forget!

TRIP HIGHLIGHTS:
* On-the-water experiences aboard canoes, a sailboat, and a 90-foot
research vessel
* Habitat restoration and service learning projects
* Introduction to the Bay's cultural, political, and natural history
* Expert speakers
* A wealth of resource materials, including Save The Bay's Watershed
Curriculum and Journal
* Hands-on curriculum activities
* New techniques for integrating watershed concepts and the San
Francisco Bay into your teaching
* Opportunities to network with other Bay Area educators
* A fun week exploring our watershed with like-minded people

No canoeing experience or special skills are necessary.

DATE: June 20-25, 2004

TIME: all day

LOCATION: San Francisco Bay and Delta, from the Sierra Foothills to
the Golden Gate

COST: $295 per participant, which includes a nonrefundable deposit of
$75. Scholarships are available.
Two Continuing Education Units are available from Dominican College
for an additional $90.

Fees include resource and curriculum materials, transportation and
meals for overnight camping, snacks, paddling and restoration
equipment, paddling instruction (no experience necessary),
experienced outdoor educators (certified in Wilderness First Aid,
CPR, and canoe safety).

FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Devorah Ancel at (510)452-9261 x113 or
<mailto:Devo@savesfbay.org >Devo@savesfbay.org.
Please check our website for a complete Institute description and
schedule:
<http://www.savesfbay.org/educationprograms/teacherinstitute/institute.cfm>http://www.savesfbay.org/educationprograms/teacherinstitute/institute.cfm

Spaces are limited and are likely to fill up fast. Please forward
this to your friends and register today!

Thank you for your amazing and important work,
The Education Staff at Save The Bay

<http://www.saveSFbay.org >www.saveSFbay.org
Save The Bay is an Oakland-based environmental organization committed
to celebrating, protecting and restoring the San Francisco Bay and
Delta. With approximately 10,000 members, it is one of the Bay Area's
oldest local grassroots organizations.

--
>><<  >><<
Anna Rochester