Science in Phys-Ed

From: Karen Kalumuck (karenk@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 16:11:44 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:11:44 -0700
From: Karen Kalumuck <karenk@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Science in Phys-Ed

Hello, everyone!

I was just chatting with Ulrika, one of our wonderful exhibit
developers, and she and her exhibit colleagues are writing a grant to
develop exhibits and ancillary materials that would, as she elegantly
stated "put science into physical education and physical education
into science." She had a couple of questions that you, our pinhole
teachers, may be able to help her with.

We'd love to hear from you, the science teacher, as well as any
thoughts that you may have/obtain regarding how a physical education
teacher may respond. Here goes!

1) Do you feel that there is a need to fill, for activities that
bring physical education into science?

2) Do you think that physical education teachers feel a need to
bring science into their phys ed classes? Or, do you think that they
would be interested in doing so if there was a great resource
available?

3) If such a resource was available, would you be able to implement
it -- that is, could you integrate some of the activities into your
curriculum? Think about physics as well as biology.

Thanks so much, everyone! Your input could influence the very
nascent stages of exhibit development!

---Karen K

--
Karen E. Kalumuck, Ph.D.