Worksheets for Guided Middle School Visits to the Exploratorium

From: Clinton Huey-Ayer (chueyayer@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 16:52:34 PDT

From: "Clinton Huey-Ayer" <chueyayer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Worksheets for Guided Middle School Visits to the Exploratorium
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:52:34 +0000

Fellow Pinholers,
We’re planning our first field trip to the Exploratorium for our 8th
graders. We would like the kids to explore the exhibits for a 2 to 2 1/2
hour period in groups of about 8-10. We would like them to especially see
things somewhat related to their curriculum which was somewhat aligned with
the California standards:
Astronomy (planets, sun, moon, stars, galaxies, etc.)
Physics (speed, motion, types of forces, balanced & unbalanced forces, laws
of motion etc.)
Density and Buoyancy
Atoms, Molecules, Periodic Table
Chemical Reactions
Phases of Matter
Cells
Cellular Respiration/Photosynthesis
Mitosis
DNA
Protein Synthesis
Genetics
Natural Selection/Evolution
Plant and Human Reproduction
Immune System/HIV
Plate Tectonics (Earthquakes and volcanoes)
Plants and Seeds
Ecosystems
I’m wondering if some of you have made worksheets to guide students to some
of the exhibits. I would prefer not to have to reinvent wonderful things
teachers have already created. The "pathways" on the website are very
limited. I plan to make a visit with another science teacher on Saturday,
May 1.
Please give me any suggestions you might have and you can send me any
worksheets as attachments to:
chueyayer@hotmail.com or
hard copies to Clinton Huey-Ayer, Bancroft M.S., 1150 Bancroft Ave., San
Leandro, CA 94577
Thanks,
Clinton Huey-Ayer