another great teaching position at a unique school

From: James Upshaw (upshawteaches@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 07:55:24 PDT

From: "James Upshaw" <upshawteaches@hotmail.com>
Subject: another great teaching position at a unique school
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 07:55:24 -0700

Hey pinholers!

 I received a message from the principal of a KIPP school in San Francisco saying they're in need of science teachers. I don't know much about the KIPP San Francisco Bay Academy, but I do know about KIPP schools in general. If you work with underserved populations and at risk students like I do, you know that most traditional schools just aren't meeting the students' needs. KIPP schools have a philosophy that the only way deal with this issue is to give these kids more time, more energy & effort, and better teaching. In that light, the school year is longer (including some Saturdays), the school day is longer (from 7:30am to 5pm), the parent involvement is really pushed, and the professional development is great.

If you're interested in a position that's extremely demanding but also extremely rewarding you might want to check them out at www.sfbayacademy.org, or you can email the principal, Lydia Glassie at Lglassie@sfbayacademy.org

James