Thanks Ronald - more astrophysics stumpers

From: Treena Joi (tjoi@stanfordalumni.org)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 15:38:08 PDT

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:38:08 -0700
From: Treena Joi <tjoi@stanfordalumni.org>
Subject: Thanks Ronald - more astrophysics stumpers

thanks Ronald and other respondents for help with my best science student
- We look online together when I can, then I go here ... Today's question
is: How can there be a black hole with two points of singularity, thus
resulting in a worm hole? How can there be two?

Also, the universe accelerating, faster and faster ... is a stumper to us
both, but I suppose we are not alone there. I suggested that if we are
indeed accelerating, it suggests mass unknown to us and our universe,
attracting us. Couldn't mass external to our universe provide that
accelerating force, via gravitational force, and couldn't that lead to
numerous convergences, contraction of matter similar to what may have
lead up to the big bang conditions? I ask this question, like a little
kid, because when I reason like that, the accelerating in all directions
observations we have do not seem to support the concept of an open
universe as has been asserted based on that evidence. Am I out on a
limb? I can clarify if needed ...

Treena Joiful