eye damage & light

From: kaydubyou@earthlink.net
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 04:51:34 PDT

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 07:51:34 -0400
Subject: eye  damage & light
From: <kaydubyou@earthlink.net>

Student question: if looking at light from lasers and acetylene torches both
hurt the eyes, how does that work? Aren't they different wavelengths?

Not simple, I can see that! But lasers, some lasers, I read, focus infrared
light, but acetylene torches: don't they give off ulraviolet???? What
happens, esp. considering laser eye surgery?

Thanks, Karen W.