Pinhole: MS Science position open at the Nueva School

From: festes@nuevaschool.org
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 15:25:30 PDT

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:25:30 -0800
From: festes@nuevaschool.org
Subject: Pinhole:  MS Science position open at the Nueva School

Nueva is a great school and a great place to teach. We have a surprise
opening for a MS Science teacher.

--Fred Estes

Middle School Science Teacher
The Nueva School

Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Nueva School is a child-centered,
PreK-8th grade progressive, independent school for gifted and talented
children. Nueva, which has about 350 students, emphasizes integrated studies,
creative arts, and social-emotional learning.

Nueva is engaged in building a preeminent science/math/technology program. We
seek a Middle School Science teacher to develop curriculum, deliver
instruction, and work collaboratively with other science faculty and Middle
School teachers. We are committed to constructivist education, integrated
curriculum, and an inquiry-based science program that features hands-on lab
activities and experiential education. In addition, the school has a
commitment to social-emotional learning that pervades the culture of the
school and daily problem-solving.

The right person for us will have:
… University training in science,
… Successful experience teaching in Middle School,
… Experience creating curriculum and instructional materials,
… Experience with portfolio and qualitative assessment, and
… Experience with experiential/progressive/constructivist education, and
preferably with gifted education

We will consider non-traditional backgrounds and experience; be prepared to
show how your experience developed equivalent or comparable skill levels. In
addition, the right person should have:
… A love of teaching Middle School students,
… The ability to work well with both children and adults in a collegial
setting,
… Flexibility,
… The desire for life-long learning and a commitment to professional
development, and
… A sense of humor.

This full-time position will start in the fall of 2004. The Nueva School is
located in Hillsborough, CA. To learn more about the school, see our website
at www.NuevaSchool.org. The position will remain open until filled. If
interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:

Lorri Hamilton Durbin
MS Division Head
LDurbin@nuevaschool.org
Fax: 650-344-9302