pinhole MS Science Position

From: fred-estes@comcast.net
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 21:19:49 PDT

From: fred-estes@comcast.net
Subject: pinhole MS Science Position
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 04:19:49 +0000

I'm reposting this as the contact information has changed. Nueva is a good place to teach.
--Fred Estes
Middle School Science Teacher
The Nueva School
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the Nueva School is a child-centered, PreK-8th grade progressive, independent school for gifted and talented children. Nueva, which has about 350 students, emphasizes integrated studies, creative arts, and social-emotional learning.
We seek a Middle School Science teacher to develop curriculum, deliver instruction, advise students, and work collaboratively with other science faculty and Middle School teachers. We are committed to constructivist education, integrated curriculum, and an inquiry-based science program that features hands-on lab activities and experiential education. Middle School teachers at Nueva lead spring trips to Washington, D.C., Ashland, Oregon, Japan, and backpacking in Kings Canyon. In addition, the school has a commitment to social-emotional learning that pervades the culture of the school and daily problem-solving.
The right person for us will have:
University training in science,
Successful experience teaching in Middle School,
Experience with gifted children,
Experience creating integrated curriculum and instructional materials,
Experience with portfolio and qualitative assessment, and
Experience with experiential/progressive/constructivist education.
We will consider non-traditional backgrounds and experience; be prepared to show how your experience developed equivalent or comparable skill levels. In addition, the right person should have:
A love of teaching Middle School students,
The ability to work well with both children and adults in a collegial setting,
Flexibility,
The desire for life-long learning and a commitment to professional development, and
A sense of humor.
This full-time position will start in the fall of 2004. The Nueva School is located in Hillsborough, CA. To learn more about the school, see our website at www.NuevaSchool.org. The position will remain open until filled. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Fred Estes
Festes@nuevaschool.org
Fax: 650-344-9302
The Nueva School