Looking for a good science teacher story

From: Monya Baker (monyabaker@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 07:35:42 PDT

From: "Monya Baker" <monyabaker@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Looking for a good science teacher story
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:35:42 -0700

Hi, I'm a Teacher Institute Alum who has now turned to science writing. I'm
working on a story about Exploratorium's program encouraging teachers to be
inventors in their classrooms and the magazine (new one, Edutopia) wants to
pair it with an individual teacher (or team of teachers at one school)
that's taken the lesson to heart in an interesting way. So, if you've got a
story about how the Exploratorium (or something else) changed your attitude
and that changed your classroom, please let me know, and give me a couple
concrete examples.
We're not sure yet whether the teacher would have a bylined article or if it
would be an interview format. If you're interested, please contact me at
415.681.6035 or monyabaker@sbcglobal.net.

Unfortunately, the editors' meeting is Tuesday, so please get back to me
sooner rather than later.

Looking forward,
Monya