Density and jukebox bubbles

From: Irene Yun (irene@archwayschool.org)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 08:35:40 PDT

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:35:40 -0700
Subject: Density and jukebox bubbles
From: Irene Yun <irene@archwayschool.org>

I was at a bar last night and noticed that in the jukebox beside me (one
with bubbler tubes going up the sides) the bubbles got SMALLER as they rose
up the tube. I always thought that bubbles got larger with the reduction in
air pressure as they rose - and in that short a tube (3 feet), I didn't
think their volume would change much anyway. These were reduced in volume by
almost 5 times their original size. Any clues what's going on or was I just
too drunk to see clearly?

Irene
PS. Thanks to all the TI staff for an amzing 4 weeks!