Job Opportunity: Educational Curriculum Consultant

From: Linda Shore (lindas@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 08:53:11 PDT

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 08:53:11 -0700
From: Linda Shore <lindas@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Job Opportunity: Educational Curriculum Consultant

BAVC SEEKS EDUCATIONAL CURRICULUM CONSULTANT

The Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC) is now accepting applications for an
NETS
Standards Alignment Consultant for our YouthLink program curriculum.
YouthLink is a 5 year old digital media training and internship program
for
low income San Francisco youth ages 14 - 19 years. BAVC recently
received
support from the National Science Foundation towards the expansion of
YouthLink. The NETS standards alignment is a critical part of the
project.
Information on the standards are available at http://cnets.iste.org/

Experience Required:
-Standards alignment for K-12 curriculum (Please provide samples)
-Familiarity with digital media field, specifically Video and Web
production
-Educational expertise with middle and high school populations

Begin date: August 23, 2004

Fee: Depends on experiece

Contact information:
Paige Ramey
Director of Product Development and Special Programs
p:415-558-2172
f:415-861-4316
paige@bavc.org

The Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC) is the nation's largest
noncommercial
media arts center dedicated to providing access to media, education, and

technology. We are a production facility, an affordable training center,
pioneer in technology-based workforce development, and a critical
resource
for independent mediamakers.