movie recommendation

From: Eric Friedman (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 20:14:13 PDT

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:14:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Eric Friedman <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: movie recommendation

hey all

i've been away for the summer, so i don't know if people have already mentioned this movie:

you should all go see "what the #%^$ do we know" playing now at the metreon. its a docu-drama type film which explores the boundaries of quantum mechanics, philosophy, religion, neurobiology, and society. there are interviews with leading scientists which surround a fantasy story plot mixed with psychedelic animation. the ideas presented are thought provoking and deep--they are on the edge and will definately get you thinking.

for most of the first half of the movie i was thinking "oh, i HAVE TO show this to my students" but the second half of the movie takes a few too many swipes at GOD and organized religion to be appropriate for the classroom.

it's great to see filmakers taking on such an intellectual and controversial topic.

enjoy!

--eric