Credential Renewal and Westlake Middle School Job.

From: Raleigh McLemore (raleighmclemore@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 07:49:22 PDT

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:49:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Raleigh McLemore <raleighmclemore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Credential Renewal and Westlake Middle School Job.

Wow,

I just renewed my credential on line. This is exactly like when fuel injection replaced carburetors in cars. It works so well and is so easy. It's hard to believe that anything bureaucratic got better. I don't know if there is some other way of doing it, but on line is the way to go. Now I have a fuel injected credential!

Hong Tran posted a job opening at Westlake Middle School in Oakland. I worked there last year. One of the best reasons in the world to work there is to collaborate with Hong. This will embarrass him to no end but he is absolutely one of the finest teachers I've ever associated with, and he will have some extra time to help whoever takes this position! The spirit of the Exploratorium is welcome there. There's plenty to say about the school, talk to Tran about that, but I think this position would be totally cool for a teacher who is motivated and wants to work in an urban environment with enormous diversity.

With firm handshake,
Raleigh