Periodic Table Web site: easier link

From: Jo Falcon (jofalcon@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 08:59:36 PDT

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jo Falcon <jofalcon@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Periodic Table Web site:  easier link

If the lengthy URL Raleigh gave for the American Chemical Society site
broke up in your e-mail, try this:

         http://tinyurl.com/p6ro

I highly recommend http://tinyurl.com/ for this sort of thing, and
especially for map links, which can be hell to cut and paste. On a
mailing list like Pinhole, where we're using a wide variety of e-mail
systems (different line widths, GUI and command-line interfaces, who knows
what) it can save a LOT of frustration.

And speaking of frustration -- the bad news is that the Learning Studio is
closed today through Wednesday, Sept. 1. The good news is that it's
because a) I'm off taking some library training which will benefit you
guys eventually, and b) [the bonus good news] the carpet and chairs are
being deep-cleaned! Hallelujah! Those of you who use the place as a
lunchroom can perhaps begin to guess how much this is needed...

Then there's the no-news. Fall hours are still unclear, though there will
be ~some~ Saturdays. I hope to have an announcement for you when I return
next week. Till then --

Jo Falcon, MLIS
The Exploratorium Learning Studio
415 561-0343