disposal of dissection bits

From: Tiffany Tai (tiffytai@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 12:47:53 PDT

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:47:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tiffany Tai <tiffytai@yahoo.com>
Subject: disposal of dissection bits

Hello!
I'm finally cleaning out some nasty dissection leftovers (you know...the usual sheep's hearts, dogfish, sea stars...) and I don't know how to dispose of it. I brought them to the SF Hazardous Waste Collection Facility but they won't take it. They just gave me a weird look and told me to call a medical waste disposal place. They don't want it either. The specimens are from Carolina Bio. Supply and they've been packed in Carosafe (with trace amounts of formadehyde). I would love to get them out of my car soon. Can anybody help me?
                 Thanks,
                      Tiff