Excellent Speaker coming to East Bay

From: Gary (gary@horne.cc)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 11:20:07 PDT

From: Gary <gary@horne.cc>
Subject: Excellent Speaker coming to East Bay
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:20:07 -0700

If you are a teacher in the East Bay, please give this information to
your students. It's a free event and should be very entertaining. To
nudge my kids towards this event, I'm offering extra credit for any of
my students who go and write a one-page review of the talk. It should
be worth it!

Richard Sauders,
   President of the Australian Skeptics

     "And you thought the duck-billed platypus was strange?"

     Wednesday - October 6, 2004
     6:15 - 7:45 PM
     Claremont Library in Berkeley

Richard Saunders,
President of Australian Skeptics

Richard Saunders is an international author with 30 books published.
Apart from being the Skeptics' President, he is also one half of 'The
Mystery Investigators', a science show aimed at school students. In his
spare time, he films, edits and produces DVDs. Richard was awarded Life
Member of Australian Skeptics in 2001 for his work on 'The Great
Skeptic CD' and has since produced documentaries including those on
'The Great Water Divining DVD'. (And he loves the Bay Area!)

 From Water Diviners to the monstrous 'Yowie', Australia is full of
strange claims and amazing stories. Hear Richard Saunders, President of
Australian Skeptics, give a supernatural overview of the land down
under and the steps being taken to combat fuzzy thinking.