Re: pinhole class size?

From: ma. sheila lacanaria (shiao_shei@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 01:46:14 PDT

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 01:46:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: "ma. sheila lacanaria" <shiao_shei@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pinhole class size?

Hi Melissa,

I am not sure if there is a max number specifically for science classes in middle or high school. All I know is that in the middle school in general the legal max class size is thirty two. I am glad you asked the question because I have the same concern. Last year I had science classes with as many as 40 kids. I tried the best I can but as you can imagine it was a disaster. Well, I hope we can get some answers from other pinholers.

Sheila

Melissa Sharp <mlford00@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi pinholers,
Does anybody know of any documentation (from NSTA or other official source) that recommends the number of students that should be in a middle school science classroom? My school district has increased the max number of students allowed in a middle school classroom from 28 to 30. I'm trying to gather information about safety concerns and whether this is practiced anywhere else.
Thanks for your help!
Melissa