Nova Feeds

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 03:07:19 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:07:19 EST
Subject: Nova Feeds

<< Any of you tech-savvies could c'd nova, pbs programs for dl with bt? Would
 luv to lch!

 Thanks,
 A.

Yo - WGBH taps da Nova $ - dvd rip Th 20:00 zulu Telstar 5 Trans 9 C 97ºW
Long 3880 MHz Vert Audio 6.2/6.8 - wysiwyg - LTR

OK, this translates out to WGBH charges for Nova and downloads on line are
likely illegal if they exist. To burn an illegal DVD for your own private use
only from a satellite feed (which is not recommended), the specs are:

Satellite Time: 20:00 GMT Thursdays
Satellite: Telstar 5
Transponder: 9 C-band
Orbital Slot: 97 Degrees West Longitude
Downlink Frequency: 3880 MHz
Receive Polarization: "Vertical"
Audio: 6.2 / 6.8

The uplink times and satellite information may have changed from those above.
 I have not used my steerable dish for some time since a deer in my back yard
bumped it totally out of alignment from the equatorial plane. Some digital
dish systems include a high quality feed from WGBH that can go directly to a
DVD burner but again this is all real time and you will need the broadcast
schedule for the uplink.

Later,

Al Sefl
Who was tech savvy when all electronic devices used the Edison Effect...
As he was there when Edison discovered it...