Looking for feedback on field trip resources

From: wendy derjue-holzer (wendyd@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 14:36:08 PST

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:36:08 -0800
From: wendy derjue-holzer <wendyd@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Looking for feedback on field trip resources

Dear Pinholers

The field trip program at the Exploratorium is working on 2 new
teacher resources that we would like to have reviewed by teachers
before they
go on our website. They are both very short and easy to read! If you are
interested in giving us your comments, email us and we will send you
the attachment.
The descriptions are below:

Student Planning Page
A 1-page worksheet for students to fill out before going on a field trip.
The worksheet covers basic logistics to help students mentally prepare for
the trip. It's written for about 4th to 8th graders but the info
could benefit any student.
We would like to know if we left out anything that teachers feel is
essential.

Exhibit Investigation Pathway
This pathway is designed for teachers who would like to provide some
structure for their students on a field trip that is relevant to what they
are studying in school but still leave room for student choice.
Students answer 3 questions about a few exhibits either chosen in
advance or from anywhere in the museum. The pathway also offers
suggestions to teachers for how to use this worksheet back in the
classroom. We have two similar versions. One is targeted for 4th to
about 6th grade and the other for 6th to high school.

Looking for other resources for an upcoming field trip? See our
current online (tested and edited) resources from the field trip page
at
http://www.exploratorium.edu/visit/fieldtrips.html.

Thank you!
Anne and Wendy