Teachers 4 Social Justice Study Groups

From: Spalding, Douglas (Dspalding@sanlorenzousd.k12.ca.us)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 14:53:57 PST

Subject: Teachers 4 Social Justice Study Groups
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:53:57 -0800
From: "Spalding, Douglas" <Dspalding@sanlorenzousd.k12.ca.us>

I'm sure you don't have enough to do already, so why not join a study
group. Several interesting offerings, though I can't vouch for the
quality... There is one concerning math and science. [see below]
----------------------------

FINAL REGISTRATION FOR 2004-2005 Teachers 4 Social Justice Study Groups.
Visit
http://teachers4socialjustice.org for more info. Please help us pass
the word to fellow educators!

Study groups provide teachers with focused, peer-based professional
development opportunities that are tied to existing classroom practice.
The groups are applicable to any grade level and curriculum is built
around investigation of a specific topic through research and personal
experience. The Study Groups meet one time every 3 weeks from October
2004 until April 2005; 2 UNITS OF UNIVERSITY CREDIT CAN BE ARRANGED FOR
PARTICIPATION IN THE GROUPS. Visit our website
http://www.teachers4socialjustice.org for more info.

UPCOMING STUDY GROUP MEETINGS:

***JUSTICE AND ACCESS THROUGH MATH AND SCIENCE***
DECEMBER 14th, 5:30pm, email for location to esmonde@berkeley.edu or
tmphilip@berkeley.edu.

Racism 101: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9th, 6pm at Global Exchange office in SF
(2017 Mission St., #303 at 16th Street)

IN OR OUT: Gender Identity and LGBTI/Queer Issues in Schools: DECEMBER
13th 6pm, email for location to inglesis@earthlink.net or
podiiy@earthlink.net.

DISCIPLINE FROM A SOCIAL JUSTICE PERSPECTIVE: DECEMBER 9th, 6pm, email
for location to amslersf@yahoo.com.

HIGH STAKES TESTING WORKING GROUP: DECEMBER 9th, 5:30pm at Everett
Middle School (450 Church St. in SF)

Visit our website http://teachers4socialjustice.org for complete
description of groups. To register, attend the upcoming meeting listed
above!