Pinhole: Looking for good video/dvd's on the origin of the universe and formation of the planets

From: Fred Estes (fred-estes@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 12:19:10 PST

From: "Fred Estes" <fred-estes@comcast.net>
Subject: Pinhole:  Looking for good video/dvd's  on the origin of the universe and formation of the planets
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:19:10 -0800

I want to make the origin of the universe and formation of the planets more vivid for my students by using parts of well-produced, scientifically up-to-date and accurate, and visually interesting videos or dvd's. Has anyone used the Nova's Origins or the BBC's The Planets? My recollection is that Sagan's Cosmos explains the origins briefly but doesn't show much graphically.

Thanks,
--Fred