RE: pinhole So how DOES our solar system work?

From: Coral Clark (coralc@raft.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 14:07:20 PST

From: "Coral Clark" <coralc@raft.net>
Subject: RE: pinhole So how DOES our solar system work?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:07:20 -0800

VERY scary, indeed! Egad! Using this site as a "what is wrong with this
picture?" activity is the best possible thing you can do with it.

In preparing a last-day-before-the-holiday lesson on the solstice I happened
upon the webpage noted below. Perhaps it would make a good quiz for
students after we teach them about the orbital patterns of the earth and
moon.

For your unit grade:

Question 1: How many things can you find that are represented incorrectly
in this animation?
Question 2: How many things can you find that are correctly represented?

http://www.fearofphysics.com/SunMoon/sunmoon1.html

No wonder the site is called fear of physics.

Ben