Forum on California's Ocean Future

From: Karen Kalumuck (karenk@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 14:37:34 PST

From: "Karen Kalumuck" <karenk@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Forum on California's Ocean Future
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:37:34 -0800

Forum on California©?s Ocean Future

WHAT: Forum on California©?s Ocean Future

WHO:  Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary and
National Marine Sanctuary Program
Farallones Marine Sanctuary Association and
National Marine Sanctuary Foundation
Commonwealth Club of California

WHEN: Thursday, January 13, 2005
Forum is from 5:30-7:00 p.m. (Check-in 5:00-5:30 P.m.)

WHERE: Herbst Theatre, San Francisco War Memorial
401 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco CA

Keynote speaker Leon Panetta, Director of the Panetta
Institute for Public Policy, with Michael Chrisman of the
California State Resources Agency; Daniel J. Basta of the
NOAA/National Marine Sanctuary Program; Kate Wing of the
Natural Resources Defense Council, and John McCosker of
the California Academy of Sciences will meet for an
insightful and informative panel discussion of
California©?s ocean future. Michael Krasny, Host of KQED
Radio©?s ©¯Forum©? will moderate.

Panelists will outline how agencies and groups are working
to protect and preserve our marine resources, and how the
reports from the U.S. Ocean Commission on Ocean Policy,
Pew Oceans Commission and the State of California©?s
Protecting our Ocean - California©?s Action Strategy have
focused attention on the importance of our ocean to our
economy and well-being.

REGISTER: Register through City Box Office: (415) 392-4400
or http://www.cityboxoffice.com/
Cost is $15 per person

Honorary Committee Members include U.S. Senators Barbara
Boxer and Senator Dianne Feinstein, as well as members of
the U.S. House of Representatives, the California State
Legislature, and California State Assembly.

Fore information visit www.farallones.org
<http://www.farallones.org>  or
http://www.farallones.noaa.gov