Pinhole:A special professional development opportunity for middle and high school

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 22:01:58 PST

From: ASKDRSP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:01:58 EST
Subject: Pinhole:A special professional development opportunity for middle and high school

Greetings Fellow Pinhole Members,

Please read on for a PD opp for you all!

Take care,
Sue Pritchard

A special professional development opportunity for middle and high school
science teachers!

A teaching box is familiar to all of us; it is where we put all of our
"stuff" to teach a particular unit or set of concepts. Last summer a group
of Bay Area science teachers worked with the Digital Library for Earth
System Education (DLESE), the UC Museum of Paleontology (UCMP), San
Francisco State University, and the US Geological Society to develop a
virtual version of a teaching box. We are looking for a group of middle and
high school science teachers who would be interested in working with us to
develop the next round of Teaching Boxes. We will be focusing on concepts
that deal with three areas: seismology, California land forms, and our oceans.

For more information and to apply please
visit:
<http://www.dpc.ucar.edu/projects/CA-Pilot/phase2/about.html>http://www.dpc.uc
ar.edu/projects/CA-Pilot/phase2/about.html

Please share with others!

Judy Scotchmoor
UC Museum of Paleontology