Re: Pinhole Digest #1682 - 02/06/05

From: FARRELL (farrelwk@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 15:30:05 PST

Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:30:05 -0800
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #1682 - 02/06/05
From: FARRELL <farrelwk@pacbell.net>

Celia,
    If you can't find that activity, you can do the same thing with simple
blocks. Have them count the sides of a single block, knowing that
nourishment can only come into the cell through its sides. Then put 2 blocks
together and count again; then 3, etc. They will easily see that the bigger
it gets, the less surface area.
    Hope this helps. Kathe Farrell