Re: pinhole grading programs

From: Marc Crown (mcrown@gwhs.org)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 19:03:54 PST

From: Marc Crown <mcrown@gwhs.org>
Subject: Re: pinhole grading programs
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:03:54 -0800

Since we are posting to the general audience, I'll toss in my two
cents. I've been using easy grade pro for the past 3 years, and I have
to say it is such a joy. So many time saving features and such a
simple, easy to use interface. I looked at every demo I could, and read
every review article I could, before buying it, and I've never
regretted my choice. It has a gradebook, with every bell and whistle I
have ever needed, attendance, numerous report types, even a seating
chart function with drop down desk/table shape choices. It has a very
simple internet function that lets you post your grades on your web
page for parent/student access. They even have an add on program that
lets you grade or take attendance on your PDA. One of the best features
is, if you need any support at all, you call, or email, their office
and you get to speak to Tommy......the guy who actually wrote the
program. It's absolutely the best tech support I've ever encountered.
If you come up with anything innovative, he will add it to the product.
Maybe I'm gushing but I freakin love these guys and they've made a real
difference in the quality of my life.......gradewise. Plus it's very
cheap!!!! Download the demo and see for yourself.

  http://www.orbissoft.com/

Unfortunately, my school just spent ten grand on apples megalithic
program POWERSCHOOL (it even sounds Orwelian) and now we all have to
assimilate (resistance is futile)

Now I must get back to my grading

marc