RE: science activity for the whole school?

From: Black, Heidi (BlackH@esuhsd.org)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 11:25:08 PST

Subject: RE:  science activity for the whole school?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:25:08 -0800
From: "Black, Heidi" <BlackH@esuhsd.org>

Jennifer, I have been putting out a monthly email "newsletter" I call
Science@ home <mailto:Science@ home> that is intended to get parents to
do activities with their kids. I have produced them on the following
topics: Electricity/magnetism, snowflakes, growing pumpkins, matter,
fall leaves, flowers, and wind. They are web based, but all include
hands on. I'll send you any you'd like to see. Before long, they'll be
on the web.

Heidi Strahm Black

Science Fair Coordinator

East Side Union HSD

408-347-6563

        I am writing hoping that someone can help me brainstorm an idea
for a whole school science activity. Our middle school does an activity
period once a month to help unify the school, give students a common
experience, and possibly create a little friendly competition.