Re: pinhole Sensitivity to Light

From: Paul Doherty (pauld@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 23 2005 - 09:17:43 PST

From: Paul Doherty <pauld@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Sensitivity to Light
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:17:43 -0800

Hi Christopher

There are many kinds of color blindness.
The most common involve the absence of either red or green cones.

Here is a plot showing the sensitivity versus wavelength of red, green,
blue cones and also rods (shown in gray)

http://www.phys.ufl.edu/~avery/course/3400/vision/
rod_cone_sensitivity.gif

You can see that a lack of red or green cones will not shift the
overall sensitivity peak by much.

All of the curves have been adjusted to be the same height, so they
don't show the comparison of sensitivities between the different types
of receptors.

Paul D