Teaching positions available for 2005-2006

From: Blake Wigdahl (blakew@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 14:05:04 PST

From: "Blake Wigdahl" <blakew@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Teaching positions available for 2005-2006
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:05:04 -0800

EAST OAKLAND COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL

MISSION STATEMENT
East Oakland Community High School is a growing small public school that
opened to 100 9th graders in August 2004. Our educational mission is based
on three principles of youth development: cultural production, community
empowerment, and college success. Our educational approach engages youth in
project-based learning that promotes critical thinking aimed toward action
to empower their communities. We develop the media arts skills of youth to
widen the audience of their work, develop their abilities for communication,
and become producers - not just consumers - of culture. Through these
experiences, students will build the knowledge, skills and experience to
prepare them for college success.

TEACHING POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR 2005-2006
. 9th Grade Biology
. 10th Grade Physics
. Algebra & Geometry

All content area teachers are also expected to teach an Advisory class and
an elective.

TO APPLY:

Fax resume and cover letter to:
Eric DeMeulenaere, Co-Founder and Principal
Fax: (510) 879-1049; Email: eric@eastoakland.org; Phone: 510-520-6481
Or
Wayne Yang, Co-Founder
Fax: (510) 879-1049; Email: kwayne@eastoakland.org; Phone: 510-393-5611