physics textbook

From: Mark Lawton (markslawton@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 20:47:05 PDT

From: "Mark Lawton" <markslawton@hotmail.com>
Subject: physics textbook
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:47:05 -0700

regarding textbooks ...

Just this trimester I began using a physics text from CPO Science that I am
very happy with. The text comes with equipment for doing labs. The labs
and the text are very closely linked and students are expected to do the
reading AFTER doing the labs.

While the program is not perfect, I find much better than using Hewitt.
Hewitt's book strongly reflects his teaching style which is very much
teacher centered and relies on "killer" demos instead of "killer" labs.

Check it out at CPOScience.com

-Mark Lawton
Portland