Radiation exposure

From: Benjamin Pittenger (bpittenger@earthtones.com)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 06:26:25 PDT

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:26:25 -0400
From: "Benjamin Pittenger" <bpittenger@earthtones.com>
Subject: Radiation exposure

Several years ago while moving some of my dad's boxes I found various boyscout memorabilia, including flotsam and jetsam from his experience at the first national jamboree. What caught my attention was a card about the size of a baseball trading card. In the center was a nickel-sized circle of glued-on sand with the exciting caption 'This sand contains uranium!' As I recall, it went on to describe the importance and wonderfully beneficial properties and promises of uranium. [I can't remember if it claimed to cure acne and restore receding hairlines.]

I have since carried with me the vision of hundreds of boyscouts running around with uranium samples in their pockets [however weak the samples may have been].

Although I still find the concept/propaganda of the card rather bizarre, I wish I had kept it as a collector's item!

Ben

Sent via the WebMail system at earthtones.com