Re: pinhole fun chem labs

From: Algis Sodonis (asodonis@urbanschool.org)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 20:13:54 PDT

Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 20:13:54 -0700
Subject: Re: pinhole fun chem labs
From: "Algis Sodonis" <asodonis@urbanschool.org>

A real winner is making ziploc icecream

this is a lesson on colligiative properties- freezing point depression.

In a large ziploc bag, mix ice and salt (ordinary table salt works well, since it dissolves quickly)

In another smaller ziploc bag, about 1 cup milk, 1 teaspooon coffee creamer a few teaspoons sugar and some vanilla extract to taste
additional stir-ins can be optional.

place the smaller sealed bag into the larger one with ice/salt mixture and seal the larger bag. Start mixing everything (gloves can be helpful here). Within about 15-20 minutes, this will start to harden. It tastes surprisingly good.

Algis Sodonis

The Urban School of SF