job announcement for high school math & biology -- one of each please

From: Spalding, Douglas (Dspalding@sanlorenzousd.k12.ca.us)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 17:25:00 PDT

Subject: job announcement for high school math & biology -- one of each please
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:25:00 -0700
From: "Spalding, Douglas" <Dspalding@sanlorenzousd.k12.ca.us>

TEACHING OPPORTUNITY
at Royal Sunset Learning Community
in San Lorenzo USD (East Bay)

1 BIOLOGY (1.0 FTE, high school)

1 MATH (1.0 FTE, high school)

Our small school community provides a professional and cohesive faculty,
as well as effective and supportive administrative team. We work with
all kinds of kids in an alternative educational setting at Royal Sunset
Continuation High School -- from hard-core students at risk, to shy
kids, to highly motivated geeks. We've recently embarked on a new
adventure, starting an additional, thematic high school on our campus
called East Bay Arts, opening this fall with 65 frosh.

Interested? Read on ...

We're seeking a team player who is willing to experiment, not afraid to
make mistakes, and not deterred by hard work.

> values hands-on, inquiry-based curriculum
> experienced in an urban high school setting
> certificated in subject area, NCLB ready

What's in it for you?

> sanity of a small school environment
> excitement of creating integrated projects and challenges
> freedom to teach in your content area in the way you know works
best
> close collaboration with your science and math colleagues
> creative and talented colleagues
> helpful and friendly administration

Have you ever taught in a school that makes your life easier, not
harder?

If interested, please contact Douglas Spalding, co-Lead Teacher, EBArts

dspalding@slzusd.org 510.317.4441 (o)

for contract and salary schedule, go to:
www.slzusd.org/Personnel.htm [click on "Exhibit A"]