Re: Pinhole Digest #1789 - 07/12/05

From: Gigi Kruse-Silva (gigi@bstreetstudio.com)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 08:52:18 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:52:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gigi Kruse-Silva <gigi@bstreetstudio.com>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #1789 - 07/12/05

Irene,

I am also designing a revised website for my students
for them to have access to most (if not all) my
handouts, etc. when they are absent. As for searches,
etc., I am using our school district server, which is
limited. YOu can find HTML text to add search engines
to your site, just google it. If you are going to
purchase site space, ipowerweb.com is a great server
site...they are only $9.95 per month and you have lots
of services available (you pay the entire year up
front).

I use Dreamweaver to design my website. It is very
easy to use and gives good results. I bought one
book: Lynda's Dreamweaver Training by Lynda Weinman
who writes probably the best software training books I
have ever read.

I would show you my revised website, but I am waiting
for the district to change some settings before I post
it. You can check out my current site at
www.seq.org/~gsilva.

The one comment I get from most parents is to keep the
website updated. Many complain when calendars are not
updated, or information is not there when you say it
is. I get really busy during the school year, so I
try to keep the site simple to make sure I can update
it easily.

Just some thoughts. I hope it helps.

Gigi Kruse-Silva
Carlmont High School