Genentech's Access Excellence a "Best Seller" (fwd)

Rose Falanga (rosef@exploratorium.edu)
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:29:09 -0800 (PST)

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:29:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Rose Falanga <rosef@exploratorium.edu>
To: Pinhole Listserv <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Genentech's Access Excellence a "Best Seller" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:43:39 -0800
From: Jackie Siminitus <jesimin@pacbell.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list CALIX <CALIX@sjsuvm1.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Genentech's Access Excellence a "Best Seller"

California librarians (and friends of),

Access Excellence, an award-winning professional development program for
high school science teachers, is collaborating with the California School
Library Association via its "Best Sellers" Campaign to promote strong
school libraries, and particularly strong science collections.

One of several things Genentech has offered is a space on Access
Excellence's website -- see http://www.gene.com/ae/21st/ This could
include a school librarian spokesperson to answer/address questions raised
by science teachers for a given period of time (a month or so -- possibly
during national school library month in April...)

Another action Genentech will take is to carry an article in its employee
newsletter directed to its many employees who want to do something in their
schools. This collaboration makes me particularly pleased because Genentech
is the reason my family came to California so many years ago! Yea,
Genentech!

- Jackie Siminitus-co-chair,
CSLA "Best Sellers" Campaign for Strong School Libraries

Genentech's Access Excellence a "Best Seller"