Re: Facilitating the Framework symposium

Judith Fritz (judithf@thetech.org)
Tue, 6 May 97 10:49 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 May 97 10:49 PDT
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: judithf@thetech.org (Judith Fritz)
Subject: Re: Facilitating the Framework symposium

We would be very interested in this discussion. We'd also like to see/hear
how the framework and plans for state assessment are linked. I'll provide
you with an outline/highlights of what we are doing. Thanks.

>DEAR FOLKS,
>WE ARE TRYING TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT OUR UPCOMING SYMPOSIUM. PLEASE
>FEEL FREE TO POST THE ANNOUNCEMENT AND PASS IT ON TO OTHER SITES AS
>APPROPRIATE. THANKS
>To: Museums working on exhibit projects related to state science
>curriculum frameworks or the National Science Standards, or teachers
>working with museums on such projects.
>
>The EXPLORATORIUM is planning a symposium for the Fall of 1997 as part of
>its NSF-sponsored project, "Facilitating the Framework: Developing a Model
>Museum Program to Facilitate Science Education Reform in the Schools." The
>symposium will address issues surrounding the development of interactive
>exhibits and related support materials to bridge the gap between formal
>school curricula and informal museum exhibitions including:
>
>--using museum exhibitions to support science education reform in schools,
>--benefits and challenges of teacher/museum collaborations in exhibition
>development and programming,
>--developing theme-based exhibits for teachers and their students,
>--designing exhibits for school-based vs. public audiences.
>
>We'd like to hear about your projects, your interest in attending the
>symposium, and other issues you'd like to see discussed at the symposium.
>Our planning deadline is June 15, so please respond ASAP to:
>
>Jan Davidson
>Framework Project Manager
>The Exploratorium
>3601 Lyon Street
>San Francisco, CA 94123
>(415) 353-0455 (voice)
>(415) 561-0370 (fax)
>jand@exploratorium.edu (email)

>Rose Falanga
>Director, Library and Information Resources
>Exploratorium
>3601 Lyon Street
>San Francisco, CA 94123
>(Phone) 415-353-0421
>(Fax) 415-561-0307 rosef@exploratorium.edu
>
>The unexpected IS our normal routine.

Judith Fritz, Director of Education and Programs
The Tech Museum of Innovation
145 West San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA 95113

Telephone: (408) 279-7182