Facilitating the Framework symposium

Rose Falanga (rosef@exploratorium.edu)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:47:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rose Falanga <rosef@exploratorium.edu>
To: Pinhole Listserv <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Facilitating the Framework symposium

DEAR FOLKS,
WE ARE TRYING TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT OUR UPCOMING SYMPOSIUM. PLEASE
FEEL FREE TO POST THE ANNOUNCEMENT AND PASS IT ON TO OTHER SITES AS
APPROPRIATE. THANKS
To: Museums working on exhibit projects related to state science
curriculum frameworks or the National Science Standards, or teachers
working with museums on such projects.

The EXPLORATORIUM is planning a symposium for the Fall of 1997 as part of
its NSF-sponsored project, "Facilitating the Framework: Developing a Model
Museum Program to Facilitate Science Education Reform in the Schools." The
symposium will address issues surrounding the development of interactive
exhibits and related support materials to bridge the gap between formal
school curricula and informal museum exhibitions including:

--using museum exhibitions to support science education reform in schools,
--benefits and challenges of teacher/museum collaborations in exhibition
development and programming,
--developing theme-based exhibits for teachers and their students,
--designing exhibits for school-based vs. public audiences.

We'd like to hear about your projects, your interest in attending the
symposium, and other issues you'd like to see discussed at the symposium.
Our planning deadline is June 15, so please respond ASAP to:

Jan Davidson
Framework Project Manager
The Exploratorium
3601 Lyon Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
(415) 353-0455 (voice)
(415) 561-0370 (fax)
jand@exploratorium.edu (email)

Rose Falanga
Director, Library and Information Resources
Exploratorium
3601 Lyon Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
(Phone) 415-353-0421