Re: AP Science courses

Hubnet (Hubnet@aol.com)
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 00:30:47 EST

From: Hubnet <Hubnet@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 00:30:47 EST
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: AP Science courses

We have AP courses at Berkeley High and do not find them to be any more
expensive than any other course. I would prefer to teach them without the
pressure to prepare for the exams. I think a fourth of year of science is a
good idea. It need not be an AP course but could be an interdisciplinary
research or independent project course that permitted students to explore
pursue individual interests. That way you would not have top decide between
chem bio or physics. Or it could a human anatomy and physio course which we
also offer or a marine bio whatever I totally agree with a fourth year of a
challenging course
Don Hubbard