Re: Chemistry Movies

Sthammack (Sthammack@aol.com)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 12:32:32 EST

From: Sthammack <Sthammack@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 12:32:32 EST
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Chemistry Movies

You mentioned how depressing Nuke movies are. Yes, they can be, but there
are two really worth showing. The kids really enjoy both Fat Man & Little
Boy, and The Atomic Cafe. I actually edited Fat Man & Little Boy down to
about 45 minutes- I show the whole thing in one day (the editing took a
lot of work). The nice thing is that they get the flow of the whole
story, they are riveted to their seats, it only takes a day to show, and
the next day we can talk about all kinds of things. I do the same thing
with Atomic Cafe (be sure not to edit out the "Burt the Turtle scene"-
it's classic)!!

Steve Hammack
Los Gatos High School

sthammack@aol.com