Next Advanced Integrated Science Meeting

Karen Kalumuck (karenk@exploratorium.edu)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:21:48 -0800 (PST)

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:21:48 -0800 (PST)
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: karenk@exploratorium.edu (Karen Kalumuck)
Subject: Next Advanced Integrated Science Meeting

Hello everyone!

The next meeting of the Integrated Sciences group will be Saturday,
Feb. 21 from 9 AM - 3 PM. The general organization of the meeting will
include discussions of:

1) existing curricular materials for integrated science

2) how integrated sciences would fit with the national/state
science standards

3) examples of student research projects teachers have supervised

4) Curricular Design:
a: an Advanced integrated sciences course;
b: other types of integrated sciences

5) professional development (if there's time)

AND hands-on integrated science activities.

We'll break for lunch; plan to bring yours (we can store it in the
classroom refrigerator) or buying it at the Cafe Exploratorium.

I need folks to bring examples of current integrated science
curricula - I have the outline of the multiyear Scope, Sequence and
Coordination project in San Rafael. I would like to have available copies
of the Golden State exam and any other materials/student work from
integrated sciences classes you have taught or are familiar with. DON'T
assume that someone else will bring them!!!

Please let me know by Wednesday, 2/25 if you plan to attend and if
you can bring any materials with you. If you have an integrated science
activity you'd like to share, please let me know that, too.

You don't have to have attended the last session to come to this
one. Bring your ideas and enthusiasm. See you on the 21st!

----Karen

Karen E. Kalumuck, Ph.D.
Exploratorium Teacher Institute
3601 Lyon St.