Re: Re: More about foam....

CGDonahoe3 (CGDonahoe3@aol.com)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 00:29:25 EST

From: CGDonahoe3 <CGDonahoe3@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 00:29:25 EST
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Re: More about foam....

As to the bay , stand on the bridge several times and you will see the
different flow patterns which result form varying tide, rain and in-out fow
patterns. Seal Rock is near many great places to watch the density, gyres,
etc.

The Presidio does have an operating sever tereatment system tha punches into
the Pacific just South of the gg bridge. As to further north, hmmm

The SF Waste Water Treatment Plant in Sf does provide teacher/citizen
workshops. My class has visited the sewer tour many times. They have
learned what goes aroun, does really come around in the sewage tratment
processes.

Could send a video to you if you should wish to look at how sewage was treated
20 years ago vs. now.

Another aspect to consider is the outflow vs. inflow of the mouth of the
golden gate. The Aquatitic Habitute Institute in Richmond, CA has info on
this.. They are primarily a research dissemination service but have a semi-
classical great Mac program which addresse many of the present and historical
issues of the bay. Many of my most challenged students have been able to
master this program and use it to teach to the rest of the class. Certainlly
an ego-boster.
Sting just accepted Luciano Pavoritti's Lifetime Music Awards...' Everywhere
you go...."

Pleade, take this pursuit to the max. Have your students query ours as to how
we may interact with yours.

We are there for them; because we were who they are. CG Donahoe III