A Summer Opportunity Question

Ian Bleakney (bleekers@ousd.k12.ca.us)
Mon, 27 Aug 1956 20:55:55 +0000

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 1956 20:55:55 +0000
From: Ian Bleakney <bleekers@ousd.k12.ca.us>
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: A Summer Opportunity Question

Hello Pinholers,

I am a biology teacher in Oakland and I was accepted into the 1998
Woodrow Wilson Biology Summer Leadership Institute in Princeton, NJ this
summer. This is a summer program for bio teachers and funded by the
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI).

I am making my plans for the summer and I was wondering if anyone out
there has had any previous experience with this organization through
workshops or other professional development. I want to make sure that
this Institute will be valuable for me as an innovative urban educator
involved in alternative education and not a verbose and soporific waste
of my July. I am mostly concerned that the focus will be hands-on,
inquiry-based and fun! They have assured me of the first two things in
their acceptance letter, but different organizations have different
standards for this stuff (as you may know).

You can email me directly at: bleekers@ousd.k12.ca.us

Thanks,

Ian Bleakney
Merritt Middle College High School