blotter paper

G Horne (g_horne@sttheresa.pvt.k12.ca.us)
22 May 1998 07:50:41 -0700

Date: 22 May 1998 07:50:41 -0700
From: "G Horne" <g_horne@sttheresa.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject: blotter paper
To: "Exploratorium Teachers" <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>

Help! Does anyone know a good substitute for blotter paper. I am doing an
experiment with my class today creating a fog chamber for viewing cosmic
rays(like the one at the explo) My book says that it is possible with a
baking sheet painted black, a fish bowl turned upside down, and a strip of
blotter paper lining the lip of the bowl with an opening for a beam of light
to go through. I tried it using a few layers of paper towel and I could
barely see any fog, and no trails of rays. Time is running out!

-gary