Teacher Institute Webcast

Coral Clark (coralc@exploratorium.edu)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:13:29 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
To: pinhole
From: coralc@exploratorium.edu (Coral Clark)
Subject: Teacher Institute Webcast

Greetings Fellow Teachers!

The Exploratorium's Teacher Institute will be presenting a live show "The
Iron Science Teacher", loosely based on that ever popular cooking show "The
Iron Chef." You can view the shows on our website
www.exploratorium.edu/snackshow at 10 am and 2 pm. on Friday, July 10th.

The show, hosted by the one and only Linda Shore, presents teachers with a
"mystery object" which they must use to create a classroom activity. The
time the teachers have to create the activity is a brief 10 minutes; then,
they demonstrate their activity to the museum audience and to the world...
via the web! The museum audience decides the winner by applause. Not only
is it an entertaining show, but many wonderful ideas for teaching
activities are shared.

This week should be a GREAT show! We have a potentially humorous mystery
item planned, but I certainly will not give away the mystery...Tune in to
find out... and tell a friend!

Teacher in Residence
coralc@exploratorium.edu
tel:(415) 353-0499