summer reading

Eric Muller (emuller@exploratorium.edu)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:57:20 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:57:20 -0700 (PDT)
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: Eric Muller <emuller@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: summer reading

From: Suzy Loper <suzanna@seismo.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole summer reading

Great biography of Lise Meitner, the Austrian woman physicist who
discovered fission along with her partner Otto Hahn (he got the Nobel
Prize, she didn't). She had to flee Germany, where most of her career took
place, because she was of Jewish descent. I can't remember the author but
it's relatively recently out in paperback (within the last year or so), and
I think it's just titled Lise Meitner.
--Suzy