I got this one wrong.

Marc Afifi (marc_afifi@yahoo.com)
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:35:40 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:35:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Afifi <marc_afifi@yahoo.com>
Subject: I got this one wrong.
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu

Hi,

In a recent test for my AP chemistry class was the following question:

Which conditions of P, T, and n, respectively, are most ideal?

a. high P, high T, high n
b. low P, low T, low n
c. high P, low T, high n
d. low P, high T, high n
e. low P, high T, low n

The correct answer is (d), but I selected (e) because I understood
that to approximate ideal conditions the particles should be moving at
high speeds and have great distances between them thus reducing
molecular interactions. Wouldn't the low n in selection (e) correlate
to greater intermolecular distances than a high n thus more closely
approximating an ideal gas? Is the publisher wrong? Thanks in advance
for any assistance you can provide in the matter.

-Marc