Re: Pinhole Digest #139 - 02/18/99

Al Rahbar (drrahbar@yahoo.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:05:16 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:05:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Al Rahbar <drrahbar@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #139 - 02/18/99
To: Pinhole Listserv <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>

Hi Amy,
There are two metric unit systems,MKS(Meter, kilogram, second) and
CGS(Centimeter, Gram, Second). The unit of force( F=ma)in MKS(or
SI)is Newton(kg m/s2), and in CGS is dyne(g cm/s2). To convert from N
to dyne do the folowing
1 Newton= 100,000 dyne OR 1 dyne = 0.00001 Newton.
This is simply coming from 1 kg = 1000 g, and 1m=100cm therefore
1kg.1m= 1000g.100cm Or 1kgm=100,000gcm.
I hope this will help you and your students. Ali Rahbar