more stuff going on for teachers

Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:18:58 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:18:58 -0800 (PST)
To: pinhole
From: loril@exploratorium.edu (Lori Lambertson)
Subject: more stuff going on for teachers

Hello Pinholers,
I am finally clearing my desk, and keep finding flyers about different
opportunities for teachers. I'll keep posting what I find:

Bay Area Earth Science Institute (BAESIcs) is sponsoring a workshop for
teachers: the
Uvas Creek Field Trip with Dan Flanagan, Saturday, May 1, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Uvas Creek site (in Santa Clara county?) was the location of an Ohlone
village. All teachers are invited, first preference given to those who
participated in the 1998 Geo-Connect workshop. Field trip meets at Bret
Harte Middle School, Room L-5. Bring lunch, shoes for uneven terrain that
could get wet and muddy. Be prepared to get wet up to your knees. Do not
call Bret Harte school for field trip information, please.
No phone or email registration accepted. Mail or FAX your name, school,
mailing address, phone # and email to:
BAESI
San Jose State University
Dept. of Geology
One Wahsington Square
San Jse, CA 95192 - 0102
or FAX (408) 924 - 5053, Attn: BAESI
Confirmation of your registration will be mailed to you.

KQED Center for Education and Lifelong Learning
is sponsoring a one day workshop: Video and On-Line Media Technology in
Math and Science given by National Teacher Training Institute (NTTI).
Saturday, May 8, 9 am - 4:30 pm.
For teachers of grades 3 - 9, the workshop features hands on sessions that
provide strategies and ideas to integrate video and the internet into math
and science instruction and resources.
Location: San Mateo County Office of Education in Redwood City
Fee: $20 includes lunch and materials
Information: (415) 553 - 2379
Registration Deadline: April 1

Overview of the New California Mathematics Framework for San Mateo County
Teachers, K - 12
Thursday, May 20, 4 - 5:30 pm
Learn more about the California Mathematics Framework and the related
issues of mathematics education. Several member of the original Framework
committee will be present to provide their perspectives of the development
of the document.
Location: San Mateo County Office of Education, Redwood City
Fee: $15, includes snacks and a copy of the Framework
Information: Gary Nakagiri, (650) 802 - 5350
Registration Deadline: May 6

Cheers,
Lori